The Weak in Politics
The Weak in Politics on Friday 5th December 2014
As Tony has just discovered a weak in politics can be a long time.
You decide on the great issues facing this nation
What is the main impact of Labor’s win in the Victorian State Election?
- They’ll aim to rack up a debt so large any future Coalition election promises to fix it won’t be believable
- They’ll send a letter of appreciation to Tony for his outstanding contribution to their win
- The Upper House will conduct itself in a manner which will make Jacqui Lambie look like the mother of modern parliamentary democracy
- It will take them less than 6 months to banish the Coalition’s budget surplus
- Tony will again be engaged to play a leading role in Labor’s campaign for the 2015 NSW State Election
Conniving with Clive
The Chinese are determined not to be the source of funds for Clive’s divorce settlement with Jacqui.
I want to be absolutely clear about this
Tony has kept his promises to scrap the mining and carbon taxes and stop the boats, the Senate is preventing him from keeping his promises on co-payments and education and he’s reneged on his promises on the ABC and no more taxes. Julia would have killed for a strike rate as good as that.
Heard down the Canberra corridors of power
‘Do you think that Tony is getting rid of all the barnacles?’
‘No I think he’s merely scraping the bottom’
Latest indications are that David Johnston will be left to paddle his own canoe but if it’s made by the ASC he’ll have difficulty keeping his head above water.
Heard down the corridors of power
‘I wish we could get back to the good old days when Tony was merely thought of as a misogynist’
Bronnie’s Parliamentary Removals
Bronnie’s record performance in removing 18 Labor MPs in one day has prompted speculation that Tony will transfer her to the Senate where PUP and the Greens are crying out for her services.
Heard down the NSW corridors of power
‘The problem with the Victorian Parliamentary Labor Party is that if Daniel Andrews turns out to be an absolute plonker of a premier they don’t have leading power-broking exponents like Eddie Obeid and Joe Tripodi to get rid of him’